- Digital Dentures and Aging society
- Consider the usefulness of digital dentures!
- Dentists and Dental professionals
- Dental technicians, Dental technologists, Dental prosthetists, Clinical dental technicians, Maxillofacial prosthetists and technologists
- Dental students
INTRODUCTION TO THE COURSE
In recent years, aging is progressing rapidly all over the world and related to that the need for dental treatment for older patients, needs for denture treatment such as complete dentures is expected to continue to grow.
Traditionally fabricating the complete dentures usually requires 5-6 visits and many dental technician steps. The quality of the denture depends not only on the proficiency of the dentist and dental technician, but also on deformation of the impression and the model, and deformation during polymerization. The number of younger dental technicians is also declining in Japan. Currently there is a risk of dental technicians shortage and the percentage of older dental technicians are more than younger generations today. Since the conventional method requires many technical steps, as I mentioned, the traditional way of fabricating dentures is now facing various problems in an aging society.
On the other hand, digital dentures’ evolution has been remarkable in recent years. But if you are not familiar with digital dentures you may have so many questions like?
- What is a typical digital denture and digital workflow?
- What are the improvements?
- Are there any issues related to the adaptation of the denture base plates and fit accuracy?
- What are the benefits of 3D printed and Milled dentures?
- What about the physical characteristics and durability of the materials?
- What are the recommended materials and systems for denture milling and 3D printing?
As a Dentist that specializes in digital dentures, I assure that the adaptation of digital technology into dentistry is extremely effective for solving these problems. You can benefit from digital dentures advantages like reducing the number of patients visits, reducing technical work processes, standardization of high-quality dentures, ease of remanufacturing from previous data and so on.
Recently, several digital denture manufacturing systems have been established successfully with technological improvements. We will present digital denture manufacturing, system features, and the benefit and possibility of digital dentures in an aging society.
- Digital dentures and their digital workflow.
- Adaptation of the denture base plates, and fit accuracy of digital dentures.
- Benefits of 3D printed and Milling dentures.
- Physical characteristics and durability of the digital dentures’ materials.
- Recommended digital dentures materials and systems.
- Lectures 5
- Quizzes 4
- Duration 2 Hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self